We are looking for a Senior Microsoft SQL Developer to design, develop, test, plan, implement, and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
For this role, you should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL Server 2012 and above is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with database design, reviewing code, writing stored procedures, creating and modifying SQL agent jobs, making structural changes to tables and views.
Ultimately, you will develop database solutions to ensure project information is stored effectively and securely.
We’re a fast-growing company with clients in the United States, UK, and Australia. You will join a team of talented developers, quality engineers, product managers whose mission is to impact above 100 million people across the world with technological services by the year 2030.
Working as Senior Microsoft SQL Developer at Navtech, you will:
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements.
- Design and Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements.
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
Who Are We Looking For Exactly?
- 5+ years of experience SQL Server Development with at least 1 year of Lead experience.
- Advanced experience in database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high availability strategies for SQL Server 2016, SQL Server in Cloud (AWS RDS preferred)
- Advanced skills in resolving database locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization.
- Ability to work with other developers and engineers to analyze database performance and identify problems in areas such as: execution plans, index coverage, and SQL server statistics.
- A thorough understanding of Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Optimization, using native and third-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Advanced knowledge SQL Server Disaster Recovery (DR) options, Always On availability groups and experience administering Windows Server, including Active Directory, Failover clustering, database partitioning, security and encryption (a plus).
- Experience supporting SSIS, SSRS, replication, database mirroring (a plus).
- PowerShell scripting experience with ability to write automated scripts and strong knowledge of system tables and DMV’s is required. (a plus).
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server databases in a high transaction, 24×7 database environment (a plus)
- Experience in Postgres, No-SQL databases (a plus)
- MCSA SQL Server 2012/2016 , MCSE or MCDBA (a plus)
- Should have a Masters Degree /Bachelors (BS) in computer science, Software Engineering, IT, Technology Management or related degrees and throughout education in English Medium.
- Should have excellent logical, analytical and communication skills with client interaction experience.
- Working with industry giants while following your passion for technology.
- Work with clients from US, UK, and Australia.
- Family Health Insurance cover of 5 Lacs.
- Excellent growth opportunities both technically and financially.
- Friendly work environment.